zaterdag 25 mei 2013

Switched - Amanda Hocking

I read this book a year ago, but I think it's worth a review. Especially because this book isn't really known. At least, I don't see it often in a bookstore in my country and I haven't met people (yet) who also read this book.

Switched is about Wendy Everly who was almost killed by her mother when she was 6. Her mother claimed Wendy wasn't her daughter and was at the time pregnant with a boy. Eleven years later, she's living with her aunt Maggie and her brother Matt. She has an ordinary live, although she can do something weird. She can persuade people to do whatever she wants them to do. With help of a newcomer called Finn, she founds out why she has this magical power, who she really is and where she belongs.

I quite enjoyed this book. It starts with a prologue when she was 6 which explains what had happened at the time. You'll need this to understand why certain thing are the way they are. The book is written in Wendy's perspective and is easy to read. I had to read this book in English, because it wasn't translated in another language. I didn't mind, because I often read books in English, but the vocabulary used in the book is really easy. You can finish this book pretty quickly if you want. I don't know exactly why, but when I was reading, it reminded me a bit of the Twilight-saga. I think because of the sometimes romantic story line. Though, I liked Switched way better than Twilight, because Wendy doesn't play the victim like Bella does (which really annoyed me) and has a stronger personality.

This book is also obviously mend for girls. I can't imagine a boy reading this book. Switched is easy to read and it's amusing. I think that's the most important factor for a book, to be amusing. I finished this book really fast, because I was all the time curious to find out what would happen next. The storyline isn't a masterpiece, but it's good enough to have a nice time while reading it. So I would definitely recommend this book, if you like the Young Adult genre (and if you're a girl).

- L

Pages: 318
Genre: Fiction/Young Adult/Fantasy (I guess) 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten