woensdag 29 mei 2013

Life of Pi - Yann Martel

I just finished reading Life of Pi, so I decided to review this book.

Life of Pi is about a sixteen-year-old boy called Piscine, but has the nickname 'Pi'. His parents own a zoo in India, but sold the animals when they decided to move to Canada. During the trip to Canada they make by bo
at, the ship sank. Pi, a zebra, a hyena, an orang-utan and a tiger are the only survivors. All the animals, apart from the tiger, die soon and Pi and the tiger remain as the last survivors.

The book is written in 3 parts. Before the ship sank, when the ship sank and after the ship sank. At first, the book is a bit vague. You read all these stories about Pi's life in India. During the second part, you understand why all that information was given. You read the whole story in Pi's perspective, except for the parts that are written in cursive. Later I found out that it was probably the writer himself, which I thought was funny to read, but I didn't understand those parts at first. This book is nice to read. It reads quite easy and is a good distraction. The only big disadvantage were the details. Sometimes the storyline is very detailed which resulted in parts that were a little bit boring. It's understandable that there are lots of details, because what else can you write about a boy and a tiger on the Pacific Ocean. But the story is also very interesting to read and at some parts very funny. The book is mend for teenagers, although I think some adults would also enjoy this book. So I would definitely recommend this book.

I haven't seen the movie yet (I always read the book first and then see the movie). But I'm quite interested how the makers have made this movie.

- L

Pages: 428
Genre: Fiction

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten